Dancing in the rain with Jen & Josiah / by jennica hookstra

If you live in Vancouver, you know that it's raining about 80% of the time and sunny, the other 20%. While most people aren't thrilled with our exorbitant amount of liquid sunshine, we've also become fairly accustomed to it.  Though, I didn't think my beautiful bride Jen was going to let the rainy day of her wedding, roll so easily off of her back...

We spent so much time laughing in our gumboots, running around Fort Langley while clinging onto umbrellas, that we didn't really pay much attention to it.  But that's not to say that a stop for a hot chocolate afterwords, wasn't in order to warm up!

This was my third time photographing Jen & Josiah.  After our first photoshoot together of their family as a whole (they had just adopted their rescue dog Topper), we became instant friends.  I have so much fun with these two, it never feels like work when I'm shooting.  I couldn't have been more thrilled when they asked me to capture and be a part of their special day.  It was a lovely, intimate wedding with perfect little touches that reflected both Jen & Josiah.  There was enough food to feed an army, one of the coolest wedding cakes I have ever seen and some of the loveliest family, friends and guests I have had the pleasure of meeting.

If life has taught me anything (and continues to teach me), always make the most of a moment.  I think back to when I was a kid and never once did I ever worry about getting dirty, being late or having awful hair.  Life is fleeting...  So don't ever be afraid to get messy and if ever you can, go dance in the rain.  That's what they made towels for.

Congratulations Jen & Josiah!! xox

Blog post song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2XPDP6KkkE

click on any photo to view entire album